I'm back from my solo vacation. We've had Thanksgiving dinner with several out of town visitors. I love visitors. We spent our time eating good food, antique shopping, & a lovely Christmas Lights Parade. I loved every minute of it. I ended up with a lovely dresser which I've been looking for one for over 2 years, and since all of the furniture bought couldn't fit into the van for the ride home, I ended up with a couple of "borrowed" pieces.
For Thanksgiving dinner, we had Smoked Turkey, Mashed Potatoes & gravy, Dressing, Broccoli, Sweet Potato Biscuits, Cranberry Relish, Pumpkin Pie, Dutch Apple Pie, and Upside Down Pecan Pie. It was all delicious if I do say so myself. Now if I could figure out how to make it just as good without gaining 3 pounds in the process. I also made buckeyes, a smoked turkey casserole for another night, and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. We bought Peanut Brittle from the senior citizen center. Everything was just too good.
Now, back to reality: I've gotten the Christmas decorations out, but haven't been able to put them up because C is running a fever, and has a cough. It seems to be viral, like a really bad cold. So instead of paying bills, putting up decorations, and becoming more organized, I have held and cuddled a pitifully sick child. I must admit that I have some ambivalent feelings on the whole subject. I enjoy the holding, but not the sickness and complaining. Also, I get overwhelmed by looking at all of the unfinished things. I just keep telling myself that as the Lord says, "My grace is sufficient for thee."
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Right there with you regarding the unfinished projects!!!
Post a Comment