I don't think I will ever take good health for granted again. I'm so ready to go back to one doctor and two dentist visits a year. I'm getting ready for my next oral surgery, and I hope this implant will be a keeper. My bicycle accident was over a year ago, and I never thought I would still be working on replacing the teeth I lost. Losing my front teeth has really shaken up my psyche. I just don't recognize the old lady in the mirror.
I'm just so ready to move on from this accident. I guess I have more to learn from it -- that's why it is hanging around. I recently completed the bible study by Beth Moore, called Breaking Free. It really changed how I think and feel about God. I don't want to lose the peace I have found. I'm glad that I have that peace because our world has been shaken:
My mom was diagnosed with secondary leukemia. This is her second bout with cancer and this time it just feels so much more life threatening. Some days I am so overwhelmed with worry about all the things I really have no control over. That's when it is time to pull out my list of what I know to be true. I do think that the Truth does set you free. It is amazing to me how many ways you can apply the principles of truth and grace. -- I think that is another post.
So I guess I'm ready for something besides medical issues, but I don't see that happening in the next 6 months so I'm just looking to learn whatever I can, hopefully with humility. I keep waiting for a different season to start -- kind of like waiting for Spring, but instead, I think I'm going to have to make time for something different. I still not sure how that is going to happen.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment