G will be Snow White & C will be Spiderman. I helped in G's class for her Fall Festival. I am in awe of her teacher. She is simply amazing with the kids. While I enjoyed myself for an hour, I don't think it will be a career choice for me at any point in time. I am just hoping that N will be home in time to take the kids trick or treating. Usually I hand out candy and he takes the kids trick or treating, but every year I wonder if he will make it home from work.
Neither N or I celebrated Halloween as kids, and I don't think it was out of any feelings of deprivation that convinced us to make changes for our families. On the other hand, we observed that this was one of the few times of the year that neighbors actually had community, and I always felt that not celebrating Halloween was completely misunderstood by others. In fact, I was more likely to be thought of as a member of a cult than as a Christian. So we decided that we would put an emphasis on celebrating community and having fun, and we would not celebrate fear or scare.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment