N and I were just kind of wondering aloud as we were trying to fall asleep last night. We started talking about our children and their birth experiences. I am sure this is not the most scientific and hindsight is 20/20 of course, but how does birthing effect a child's personality. G's birth was fairly dramatic and she is predisposed to dramatics. C's birth was on the quick and easier spectrum of births and emotionally he is definitely easier going. On a gross side note, there was a lot of poop involved with C's birth, and he is one of the poopiest children known to mankind. My sister, B, was made horribly angry right before birth (The doctor actually pushed her back up the birth canal in order to unwrap the cord from around her neck.). She arrived in this world black and blue (She looked she had been in bar room brawl.). She screamed for at least an hour after birth, and I remember her childhood as being full of very loud protests although she does seem to have calmed down a great deal in the last few years.
So tell me what you think? What kind of impact do you think birth experiences have on a child's personality?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I'm also a very big fighter. ;)
Maybe that's why Scientology's believe in silent births.
Post a Comment