Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More of the Same

Just more of the same has been going on around here. G is playing Lacrosse and both of the kids are in swimming. The whole swimming thing isn't really working out for C, and I am looking into some other options. The class is set up with 7 kids and 1 instructor. The instructor works with the kids one at a time, and while he is working with one, the others are supposed to calmly sit on the steps in the pool and wait. So for half an hour class, each kid gets about 5 minutes of one on one time and spends the rest of the class just sitting. I've heard that most of the swim classes around here are structured this way. This was not how they were done at the Y in OH! Either a parent was required to get in the water with the kids or they did things together. I've heard of private lessons (more expensive) or during the summer, individual teachers will set up 2 week intensives using teenagers to help corral the young kids.

We've had a lot of rain and my allergies are getting better, but I just want to sleep all the time. G is struggling too, and C has been a wild man. Yesterday, I had a friend over and when we went outside to say goodbye, C climbed on her car. Lovely....

I was folding laundry in the basement, and C was upstairs for a long time. I went upstairs to check on him, and he was cutting G's flash cards in half. I gave him a time out and went to get supplies to fix the cards. C tells me that at school when he knocks down someone else's blocks, then he has to help put them back up again. He thinks that instead of a time out, he should just have to help fix the flash cards. He did help me fix the cards, but he did get a time out too. How did he get so smart?

No comments: