Friday, November 14, 2008

Thank Goodness It's Friday


I'm so glad that it's Friday. N will be home from Costa Rica today. I'm so glad because I'm just exhausted because I've gotten about 6 hours sleep this whole week. I just can't sleep well while Nate is away. I hear every noise, and I get cold. On top of this, G was sick and we were at the drs office a couple of times. After her fever, she developed hives, and I need to put in a call to the drs office because I still can't figure out exactly to what she was allergic. Then, I've been on the phone straightening out a couple of issues with our mortgage and insurance. I hate beaurocracy!

On Monday, I layered ravioli, meat sauce, and cheese in a casserole dish. We've eaten it 3 times this week which has really helped with putting dinner on the table. It has even provided some comfort in the midst of all of the chaos called life.

Today I taught C how to dust by putting socks on his hands. He helped with the laundry and vacuuming the stairs. I really don't usually do this, and I've been convicted that I need to work as well as play with my kids. If I do all of the work, then I end up not spending much time at all with them because I'm too busy working. Besides they need to learn how to take care of a home. I think if I work them, I'll actually spend more time playing with them as well.

I've been working on a couple of baby blankets for friends who have babies, and I have a bolero that I need to finish. I'll probably try to bring these on my upcoming trip to Texas.

Anyone trying any new recipes for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh! They are old enough to have a few chores. It won't kill them. ;)