Anyway, I went to Bible Study Fellowship this morning yesterday, and the topic was Numbers 11 & 12. The whole theme of Numbers 11 is about complaining. The Israelites complained and God got angry, but then Moses seems to complain and God helped Him. What's with that? The difference is that the Israelites were complaining about God's provision. They were rejecting his feeding of them in the middle of the desert. Moses was overwhelmed with governing over at least 2 million people and he complained to God, and then trusted God to take care of it. This is where I got my epiphany. God wants us to come to Him for help, and those cries or prayers get answered (although we may still not like the answer) when we trust God with the solution. The key is trusting or having faith that God is good, Holy, and Just, that He cares about us.
I agree that it is hard to trust a God in a world that is full of hate and destruction. That makes faith all the harder, but I just don't believe that God is behind all of the hate and destruction, we can do those things by ourselves. That's a discussion for another time.
So I guess it is time that I start praying like I mean it, really giving over my frustrations to God. If you read Numbers 11:11, you will see that Moses really took all of his frustrations over to God. The rest of the chapter shows God's response. I hope this gives you the encouragement that it gave me.
God bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment