Thursday, January 11, 2007

From the Annals of C (or the Trials of K)

I wish I had better news to report, but C has continued his rampage. It started yesterday morning with a broken toilet tank cover. I ran upstairs to use the bathroom and left my two children happily eating breakfast. As I was coming down the stairs, I hear "Mom, I break it. Mom, I break it." I go into the bathroom to find that the cover has a huge chip out of it. C never could tell me how exactly it happened. I guess the moral of the story is that I just can't go to the bathroom.

I'm pretty sure something else happened yesterday, but I 'm just too tired to remember it. I guess it wasn't unusual enough to stick in my brain. This morning C woke up with swollen eye lids and green gunk in his eye. That didn't slow him down and DING, DING, DING ... C got into the bathroom soap pump. I wish I could just put door safety latches on all the bathrooms, but then G couldn't get in to use them. That could be an even worse disaster. I don't know ... at this point that could be a close call.

I took C to the doctor, and he does have pink eye so I can't send him to school tomorrow. N had to move a meeting because I have a doctor's checkup tomorrow and I begged him not to make me take the kids. I have had a few days of light-headedness and I can't seem to get rid of a sore throat. I suspect I could be anemic and maybe have strep throat, but I'll see what the doctor says. Sometimes my anxiety makes me believe things are worse than they actually are. Sorry this post isn't all that hilarious. I think I'm just tired but hey I've earned it.

P.S. I'm half way through JH's wrap. I'm trying to finish a few things, but I start a knitting class on Saturday. I'm so excited. It's going to be so great.

No comments: