Well, I've been working on the computer trying to balance the Christmas bills. N had to go into work today because this is crunch time at work, and I will need to go see my mom at the end of January by myself.
G is running around crying: it's a cry that alternates between "I can't find the remote. The world is coming to a horrible end because the remote is missing." and "Oh my God, I'm going to throw up because C has pooped in his diaper again. Please Mom change him IMMEDIATELY."
For a few seconds there was a small silence, like the eye of a bad storm, and then came:
"uh ... uh... uh... MOM, C IS CUTTING YOUR YARN!!!"
Personally, I think the world froze as I ran to the couch to see C with a little pair of scissors cutting a string of yarn that was attached to something I was knitting. At that moment, I could definitely understand child abuse. I had to hold myself back from picking him up and shaking him violently. I know the yarn isn't worth him having brain damage, but for a minute there it was a close call. Anyway, I discovered that the damage is repairable and we have all calmed down. C has survived the day with only the typical bumps and bruises.
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment