I haven't been posting much lately. N says that I've been pretty quiet at home. I am not sure exactly why. Just thinking ... I guess.
I just finished reading the last in the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. The series about an Episcopal priest in a small North Carolina mountain town. Over the course of the series, he gets married for the first time after he turned 60. He adopts a young boy. Of course, there are many more things that happen to him, but the books are just about life and people. They are so calm and peaceful, even in the midst of disease and tragedy. The series takes place over 10 years and Father Tim develops diabetes and continues to struggle with it over the series. One of the books is Father Tim experiences a major depression. That book was especially poignant to me. Anyway, in this last book, I just adored how Father Tim and his wife, Cynthia, talked to each other. They were encouraging and supportive. I hope my words become that healing. They take in more than one "stray." Sometimes, the strays are animals and sometimes they are people. I understand that this fiction, but I can hope that I can become that caring and hopeful in adversity.
No comments:
Post a Comment