that some names are not acceptable? My sister, Beth, gave the kids these long horn stuffed animals. They are so cute, and the kids have to know where they are at all times. C calls his "Big Horn" or "Long Horn", but G wants to call hers .... HORNY. She explained this to me while we were waiting for C to get out of school, in front of about 10 other Moms who were trying very hard not to burst out laughing. I calmly said that "Cutie" was a much better name. "Cutie" is what she was calling it the day before. Anyway, G did drop it for a while, but she tried to argue with me on 2 other occasions that it should be called HORNY. I finally had to say, "Enough already; the absolute final answer was that NO she couldn't call the cow HORNY. " OH, what to do ... what to do ...
C is so excited about his birthday, and I found the perfect place for him. I have rented "Pump It Up", and I invited his preschool class and some friends that I've made at MOPS. Pump It Up is a place filled with giant inflatables, and you only pay for the kids, even though adults can play on the inflatables too. They have slides, bouncers and climbers. I am going to attempt a "Thomas the Train" cake that I saw on a kids tv channel, called Sprouts. You make a track out of cookies and crumbs, and the train is made out of cake baked in mini loaf pans. The face of Thomas is a vanilla wafer. It looks cute and fairly easy. The only catch is that 2 of the kids coming are allergic to peanuts and tree nuts so I have to make sure that all of the cake, candy and cookies that I use are allergy free. C has been getting really excited about the Cars characters and dinosaurs although he still loves Thomas the train, and there is lots and lots of Thomas the train stuff that he doesn't have. He has plenty of clothes, but he goes through about 3 pairs of pants a day because he is really interested in water here lately. I can't seem to keep it out of it. He is still in 3T pants. The 4Ts are just too big around the waist and too long. He can't seem to where his pajamas either without getting them completely soaked or smelly, but he does where 4T in the pjs.
About my hair, I went to this place that I had been before. She does do a good job on my hair. She evened it out, and it is growing out nicely, but it is still too short for me. It doesn't really look short because I have this thin layer of shoulder length hair. Its my layers on top that are really short. Anyway this place is kind of on the expensive side and they are always trying to sell me all of their services and products. It is a full service salon with all kinds of services. I get kinda tired of the sell thing. I just want to relax and enjoy my time. I might keep trying other places until I find someone who is more reasonable in price and won't butcher my hair. I much prefer having to go back because they didn't cut enough.
I have been recovering (catching up on the housework) from being away at my mom's, and last night G started vomiting. She hasn't vomited at all day today, but she is really grumpy and lethargic so I don't think she is quite herself yet. She doesn't really have a fever either. Anyway she hasn't been warm enough for me to take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment