This is a universal law that basically means "like attracts like." In the Bible, it is phrased as you reap what you sow. I have heard versions of this my whole life, but lately, I have heard and been thinking a lot about it.
Oprah had a show yesterday called "The Secret," and her guests talked in great detail about how the law of attraction works. Of course, they are trying to sell The Secret book and DVD. However, the show did give me a lot to chew on.
What you focus on is what you attract into your life. When your thoughts, feelings and actions are in line, then you can attract anything into your life. This works postively and negatively.
For example, if you focus on how you have been hurt by a man in your past, then you will either keep attracting the same kind of man into your life or you will not attract any men into your life because you are already focused on the hurt.
For me this manifests itself with weight and health issues more than anything. I tend to focus on how I'm not measuring up and year after year, I don't meet my goals of getting fit and trim. This year I've been telling myself that THIS IS THE YEAR. This is the year that I am going to figure out how my body works to get it into the healthiest shape. I have stopped focusing on the weight I have to lose and started to focus on how many steps I can get in today. As I have increased my steps, I have focused on my progress, how well I'm sleeping, and how my energy is improving. I have worked on my attitude and being grateful for all of my many blessings. It is amazing how less stressed I feel when I focus on what I am doing. Instead of focusing on the things I am not doing, I just tell myself that I have plenty of time to get to it, and I will get to it in time.
They talked about forgiveness in the Oprah show as well. Forgiveness was defined as when you become grateful for the bad thing that happened to you. This was particularly hard for me to swallow. Although I guess I do usually eventually come to a conclusion that I learned something from the bad experience, even if the only thing I learned was that I could get through the experience.
This is a long post, and I needed to get some of these thought out that have been floating around in my head. Please let me know what you think.
Here is the post to Oprah's show on The Secret.
http://www2.oprah.com/spiritself/slide/20070208/ss_20070208_284_101.jhtml
No comments:
Post a Comment