I don't think I communicated what I intended.
G does ask questions about magic, but I am more concerned about my own desire to have things instantly. I understand that G is just imagining and experimenting. I think it is great that she uses her imagination and I think this will only help her problem solving skills in the future.
I am more concerned about the adults who seem to have Magic Thinking. Instead of using our imaginations to help fuel problem solving. We just get bogged down in the "Why isn't this happening faster?" Well, things that take work and time end up being more meaningful than things that happen instantly. Life becomes more meaningful when we are able to slow down and add purpose. Weight loss lasts longer when it slowly comes off. Handmade heirlooms take time to create. Gourmet meals are slowly simmered and they are made to be savored.
I want to teach G to think outside of the box and encourage her creativity, but I also want to teach her the value of working on a project over time. Of course, the latter lesson might just happen over time ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment